AvaTrade (foremerly AvaFX) is an international Forex and CFD broker established in 2006 as part of the Ava Group with headquarter at Dublin, Ireland. AvaTrade is regulated by six authorities in 5 continents. AVA Trade EU Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (No.C53877). AVA Trade Ltd is regulated by the B.V.I Financial Services Commission. Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd is regulated by the ASIC (No.406684). Ava Capital Markets Pty is regulated by the South African Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA No.45984). Ava Trade Japan K.K. is regulated in Japan by the FSA (No.1662) and the FFAJ (No.1574).
AvaTrade traders’ funds are also deposited in segregated accounts and the broker won’
- 1 AvaTrade Review
- 1.1 What are the Pros and Cons of AvaTrade?
- 1.2 Is AvaTrade Safe?
- 1.3 AvaTrade Asset Portfolio
- 1.4 How Easy To Open AvaTrade Account?
- 1.5 AvaTrade Commissions and Spreads
- 1.6 How High is AvaTrade Leverage?
- 1.7 How Good Are AvaTrade Platforms?
- 1.8 What Are AvaTrade’s Payment Method?
- 1.9 AvaTrade Licensing and Regulation
- 1.10 Who Can Benefit From AvaTrade Compensation Scheme?
- 1.11 AvaTrade Special Offers and Features
- 1.12 AvaTrade Review: Our Best Advise For You
- 1.13 AvaTrade Breakdown
AvaTrade offers 2 available account types, depending on the spread you want: a fixed spread account, offered on both available platforms, and a floating spread account, provided solely on the MT4. Both account types are commission-free and offer trading in micro lots.
Why do we think that? First off, it covers some important features – more than many other Forex broker. Just check out what it’s got for.
- Regulated in two tier-1 jurisdiction
- In-house platform as well as Metatrader, Zulutrade and Duplitrade for automated trading
- Online trading academy
- Vanilla Options trading platform
- Compatible mobile trading platforms
- AvaTrade is the proud global partner of Manchester City premier league champions 2018/19.
- Beginner’s guide to Forex trading
Since launching in 2006, AvaTrade has manged to established itself globally across 5 continents of the world. So clients of AvaTrade need not worry about the security of their funds.
AvaTrade is Known For:
Regulation in vast jurisdiction, multi-lingual support, ultra low spread, high bonus, see more.
What are the Pros and Cons of AvaTrade?
- Well-regulated global broker
- Competitive spreads
- Choice of trading platforms, MT4 available
- Variety of trading instruments
- Market maker model
Is AvaTrade Safe?
Forex Broker Expert reviews brokers for readers across the whole world to know whether they worth your time or not. We use a trust score algorithms to asses risk level. They major criteria we use in grouping a forex broker in to risk levels include total years in business, which regulatory licenses each firm holds, is the broker publicly traded in any stock exchange as well as our manual in house check.
AvaTrade has a trust rating of 84% which shows low risk. Ava Group which the parent company of Avatrade with headquarters in Dublin Ireland, has a global presence, servicing its customers worldwide through its offices in France, Spain, Italy, Australia, Japan, China, South Africa and Mongolia. All companies within the group are duly licensed and regulated by the respective authorities. Avatrade is licensed as a dealer of financial securities by two tier 1 licensing authorities including Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) and the Japanese Financial Services Authority (JFSA). ASIC requires licensed financial services providers to meet strict capital requirements and to comply with various internal procedures for risk management, accounting and audits. As for the minimum capital requirement, ASIC requires forex brokers to hold at least $ 1 million in order to provide financial services legitimately. Financial Services Agency (FSA) in Japan regulates major banks and brokers and the general infrastructure of financial markets. In addition, Avatrade possesses one tier-2 license and two tier-3 licenses.
The reason for comparatively lower ranking when compared to industry leaders like CMC Markets and IG is that Avatrade is not publicly traded and does not operate a bank.
|Company Min. Capital(ASIC)*||$1 million|
AvaTrade Asset Portfolio
AvaTrade is an international company offering more than 200 instruments for trade: more than 50 currency pairs, a wide range of CFDs on indices, stock, commodities, precious metals, ETFs, and cryptocurrncies like Bitcoin, Litecoin and others.
|CFDs - Total Offer||221|
|Cryptocurrency traded as actual||No|
|Cryptocurrency traded as CFD||Yes|
How Easy To Open AvaTrade Account?
Minimum Deposit: Avatrade requires $100 minimum deposit to open any of the two account type, which is an average requirement in the industry.
Accepted currencies: EUR and USD, as well as GBP (only available for clients from the UK), and AUD (only available for Australian clients).
Creating an account is easy and quick and takes barely 3 minutes to finish
- Input some of your basic personal data (you can use one of your social profiles like Facebook or Google, too)
- Answer a couple of questions that assess your level of understanding in trading
- Verify your identity and residency by uploading either a copy of your ID card, drivers license or passport and uploading a copy of a recent utility bill or a bank statement.
Accounts with a minimum of $1000 are provided with daily signals and charting tools by Trading Central, those with at least $10000 balance are given access to Direct Dealing room and clients who have deposited $100 000, get express withdrawals, customized trading terms, and special gifts. In addition, this broker provides Islamic (swap-free) services to Muslim clients.
The following table summarizes the different investment account available to AvaTrade clients.
|Account Type||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Trade Size||Maximum Leverage||Average Spread||Trading Platform|
|Fixed Spread||$100||0.01||1:400 (1:30 for EU clients)||Fixed, 1.9 pips on EUR/USD||MT4|
|Floating Spread||$100||0.01||1:400 (1:30 for EU clients)||Variable, 1.5 pips on EUR/USD||MT4|
|ZuluTrade Copy Trading||$500||0.01||1:400 (1:30 for EU clients)||Variable, 1.5 pips on EUR/USD||ZuluTrade|
|DupliTrade Copy Trading||$2000||0.01||1:400 (1:30 for EU clients)||Variable, 1.5 pips on EUR/USD||DupliTrade|
AvaTrade Commissions and Spreads
The cost of trading is the overall expense that a forex trader has to incur in order to run their trading business. There are optional costs for things that the trader may wish to purchase, such as news services, custom technical analysis services and faster connections, and compulsory costs, which are expenses that every trader must pay.
As this broker gets its compensation through the spread, there are no commissions attached to its account.
There are both fixed and variable spreads in this broker’s portfolio. AvaTrade’s fixed spreads amount to 1.9 pips on EUR/USD, which is a competitive pricing. While fixed spreads can protect you from the spread widening which may occur at the close of markets or during major news releases, we would much rather trade with a broker offering capped variable spreads.
Provided solely on the MT4 platform, AvaTrade’s floating spreads are averaged 1.5 pips on EUR/USD, which is on the upper end of average.
How High is AvaTrade Leverage?
In many countries now, there are now limits to leverage use. For instance the max leverage allowed in US is 50:1 and in Japan leverage is limited to 25:1. Australia is still a resort for traders seeking for regulated brokers with high leverages. Generally, the maximum leverage rates at AvaTrade are up to 1:400, which is considered comparatively high. However, the maximum leverage ratio provided by the broker for EU retail clients is up to 1:30, which is in line with the latest measures introduced by the EU financial regulator, ESMA. Below is the table showing maximum leverage requirement in different jurisdictions.
How Good Are AvaTrade Platforms?
AvaTrade offers their own proprietary platform, third party social trading platforms and both MetaQuotes’ platforms – Metatrader 4 (MT4), and MetaTrader5.
The AvaTrade web platform is easy to use. Unfortunately, it also is extremely basic, offering limited charting capabilities and only a handful of trading features.
Metatrader 4 is preferred by most experienced traders, because it is equipped with an advanced charting package, a number of technical indicators, a variety of Expert Advisors (EAs) and extensive back-testing environment.
The MT5 was developed and marketed as an improvement on MT4, yet many brokers still prefer the earlier technology, because MT5 does not allow hedging, and what is more, MT4’s indicators and Expert Advisors (EA) are not supported on the MT5 platform. As regards the cTrader platform, it is custom-made for use with ECN brokerages and offers simple user-friendly interface
AvaTrader’s automated trading package is remarkably rich. It includes ZuluTrade system, Duplitrade, Mirror Trader, Signal Trader, and AvaTrade’s own Ava AutoTrader, which also enables algorithmic trading through your API interface.
What is more, AvaTrade is one of the few brokers offering spread betting on MT4, the profits of which are exempt from Capital Gains Tax & Stamp Duty.
What Are AvaTrade’s Payment Method?
The following table summarizes the payment methods available for deposit to and Withdrawal from AvaTrade.
AvaTrade Licensing and Regulation
Here at the Forex Broker Expert, we have reviews of more than 200 Forex brokers and trading software. The number one item we check when reviewing a broker to see if they are a scam is a valid license.
The reason smart people online invest with a licensed broker, is because there are many investment scams online. By using a licensed and regulated broker, you know your money is safe, and the company is monitored by the governments regulators.
- AVA Trade EU Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, #C53877, which covers the entire European Union.
- Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd is licensed by ASIC in Australia #406684.
- Ava Trade Japan K.K. is licensed by the FSA Japan #1662 & the Japan FFA #1574.
- Friedberg Direct is a member of the “IIROC”, Investment Industry Regulatory Organisation of Canada.
- Ava Capital Markets Pty Ltd is licensed in South Africa by the FSB license #45984.
- AVA Trade Ltd is regulated by the B.V.I Financial Services Commission
Who Can Benefit From AvaTrade Compensation Scheme?
One of the major reasons to use a regulated Forex broker is the ability to enjoy compensation in case the broker becomes insolvent.
Unlike the EU-based brokers, Australian ones are not covered by any compensation scheme. That doesn’t mean it isn’t safe to deposit with AvaTrade if you’re in Australia. Rather, you are offered only the legal protection afforded by the Australian legal system. That being said, money held in trust in Australia is highly regulated and covered by the Corporations Act.
|Europe (Central Bank of Ireland)||Yes|
|South Africa (FSCA)||No|
AvaTrade Special Offers and Features
These are some features that we saw that are only offered by few brokers or solely by AvaTrade for research, education, mobile trading and improved customer care.
- AvaTrade offers multiple channels for automated trading including DupliTrade, Zulutrade. Mirror Trader.
- During our review of AvaTrade, we saw that the broker offers the AutoChartist facility for trading signals. With a popular set of pattern-recognition tools for technical and fundamental analysis, AutoChartist helps traders find trending opportunities and is available at AvaTrade for live account holders who deposit at least $500.
- With SharpTrader, users can find daily and weekly technical and fundamental analysis articles published daily from a team of analysts, along with integrated tools from external providers.
- In this era of mobile trading, AvaTrade offers a options for trading apps. There is the AvaTradeGo which is the in-house trading app. The MT4 trading app available via metaQuote’s platform is also an alternative to the proprietary AvaTrade app.
- AvaTrade provides customer care with average connection time of >5minutes, which is comparatively poor. Customer care was more easier and professional with Pepperstone.
- AvaTrade is one of the few brokers offering spread betting on MT4, the profits of which are exempt from Capital Gains Tax & Stamp Duty.
AvaTrade Review: Our Best Advise For You
AvaTrade is a reputable award-winning broker with 10 years of experience, offering numerous trading solutions to the FX community.
Sign up with AvaTrade because they are effective and efficient at all times. AvaTrade is credible, genuine, proven and will have your back at all times. What are you waiting for?
AvaTrade BreakdownAvaTrade review summary and highlights
|Assets Types||Forex, CFDs and Cryptocurrency|
|Minimum Trade Size||0.01|
|Average EURUSD Spread||1.5pips|
|Licensing||ASIC, Central Bank of Ireland, FSA, FSCA, BVI|
|Trading Apps||iOS and Android|
|Financing||Visa, Master card, Maestro, Skril, Neteller, Bank Wire|